Wednesday, March 18, 2009

On the road again....again

One day at home and I already got the itch to get back out there.  I love life on the road.  Not just traveling, but literally life on the road.  I actually hate to fly.  Not because I'm scared of it or anything, I just hate the hassle of it all.  Security checks.  Lost luggage.  The list goes on and on.  I also love the American Southwest.  It has always intrigued me.  All the warm and cool colors, old  abandoned junk and of course the open road.  There is nothing like it anywhere else in the world.  I happened upon this old train just as the sun was going down and the light was just what any photographer looks for.  I pulled over for a pit stop to remind me why I love both the American Southwest and the open road that runs through it.





I've wanted to shoot this mine/power plant structure at night for some years now.  This is about an hour down the road from the train shots.


No comments: