Monday, October 11, 2010

Upper Colorado Float

The last week of September felt more like the last week of July.  Maybe this whole global warming thing is for real?  Well, I actually, like any person with half a brain know its getting warmer out there.  A lot of the time we don't see these "global warming" effects up here at 10,000ft in Breckenridge, or even down at 8,000ft here on this stretch of the Upper Colorado River.  However, this summer and fall was unseasonably hot!  This was my last float of the season (we'll see about that) and it was September 28th, but it really felt much more like July 28th.  I have to say I wasn't complaining too much.  We met some great people on the river and camped with them, which you could say is pretty typical.  They turned out to be a mix of musicians, construction peeps and the new owners of State Bridge, a live music venue that burned down a few years ago.  They are in the midsts of rebuilding it and decided that the nice weather and hard work had earned them a trip out on the river.  I couldn't have agreed more.  Good times and a great end of the summer.  I guess we can bring on the snow now....uhggg.  Yeah I'm still not quite ready.....














No comments: